Is it wrong that I now feel that I should start a landscaping removal service called “Sod Off?”
I would like to thank:
- My parents and my in-laws (no longer out-laws!) for providing such an excellent example of commitment.
- The Travis County Clerk’s office, specifically:
- Dana Debeauvoir, for leading such a great team who made us feel welcome from beginning to end
- Adrian R., our clerk, who helped us by walking us through the process (and remembering us when we returned to file!)
- Louis L., and his team who made the filing process – well, if not fun, at least painless.
- District Judge Gisela Triana, who made the process of getting a wavier fun.
- Our officiant, who for now chooses to remain anonymous.
- My entire management chain at work, for their well-wishes, and accommodation of missing an entire day on such short notice.
- Hundreds of facebook friends for their likes and congratulations!
- The dozens or hundred of other couples going through the same welcome process – folks were sharing flags, flowers, photos – just about anything to make everyone’s special day…well, special!
- The officiant offering free services outside Judge Triana’s courtroom – we didn’t need you, but we were glad you were there!
- Diane and Torsten, for their insistence on joining us to celebrate afterward.
- Our Esther’s family, for unrestrained joy they all shared with us
- Our daughter, for her patience with both daddies on this historical day
- Cy, for the rest of our lives together. Oh, what the heck, for the past 30 years, too…
- And finally, snarkily, Anton Scalia, for being so wrong about every decision he’s put in writing since joining SCOTUS, that I know when he was this upset that this was DEFINITELY the Right Thing To Do, no hesitation nor doubt on my part.
- And now, really for final finally, our daughter again, for making a joke confusing SCOTUS with SCROTUS. Honestly, folks, that’s what she said. No idea what SCROTUS would stand for, but I ended up giggling almost as hard as she was…
Every minority that has gained acceptance in the US has gained it be beginning with cuisine.
Therefore, I propose that part of the reason that LGBT acceptance is at what must almost be the tail end of minorities is the lack of a “gay quisine”. Note: “Brunch” doesn’t count…
The closest I’ve come in my life was a gay bar in Pittsburgh years ago that had a baked chicken with brie and apricot preserves entree, and honestly, that can’t compare to Pho, or curry, or Guinness, or lasagne, or hummus, or any of a thousand other dishes that our culture has absorbed.
Despite that lack, we’re still on the cusp of equality. (And let’s be glad that it wasn’t sponsored by Apple, otherwise we would be fighting for iquality…)
From George Takei’s facebook:
Friends, on Tuesday the U.S. Supreme Court hears the case that might finally bring marriage equality to all 50 states. I’m changing my profile for 48 hours (using the special tool at http://equality.georgetakei.com) to show my support. I address this not to my LGBT fans, but rather to our straight allies: We cannot do this without you. Stand with us, ?#?makeitcount?, and together we will achieve equality for all.
NOTE- Your overwhelming support has Takei’d the site. Please be patient with it and it will be up in no time.
So G woke up at 4am to do a band field trip that included Schlitterbahn. She comes home, and says:
I’m going to take a nap, but be sure to wake me up.
I was reminded of this picture from years back:
Needless to say, she is still asleep.
<http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2015/04/04/smerconish-cortreras-04042015.cnn/video/playlists/gay-rights-movement/> As a gay man… You know, don’t serve me pizza, fine, I’ll eat elsewhere. I don’t want your hate-filled cake at my wedding. I can get my car fixed anywhere else without having to show a CHL. I can buy flowers anywhere else that will be assembled caringly, not with resentment. But if you[...]
<http://www.chron.com/news/politics/texas/article/State-leaders-celebrate-ten-years-without-6101014.php> (No, really. Go read the whole thing and come back here…) I also like to think that the flavor chosen was “Pyrrhic Velvet”, but that might be a touch snarky. It is doubtful that anyone was wiping frosting off their nose a few moments later, and even more doubtful that anyone stepped on a[...]
My correction would be: #sedanvalism[...]
We get lots of sirens that don’t pass the house. For those that don’t know, there is a page of active fire department incidents.[...]
The Ref has very few family-friendly quotable lines, but: Gus: What is the matter with you? I thought Mothers were sweet and nice a-a-and patient. I know loan sharks who are more forgiving than you. Your husband ain’t dead, lady. He’s hiding. Connie Chasseur: Who would catch a criminal, and then let him go free?[...]
our daughter will lose her ability to even.[...]
This is the pic she chose to share on instagram. I think it sums up today fairly well! And yes, the check now comes due for all those times I told her to “save some attitude for your teenage years…”[...]