On a positive note, I couldn’t figure out why it was offensive until reading the article.Â Yay!Â I’m probably not a racist!
Once again, we start with things overheard:
- Overheard in the Office | Now Hop on One Foot While I Take Your Wallets
- Overheard Everywhere | More Likely He’d Giggle and Start Talking about Threesomes
- Overheard Everywhere | Maybe I Should Find a Nice Lesbian and Settle Down
- Overheard Everywhere | Why Children Should Not Be Taught New Words
- Overheard in New York | How Could You Not Love This Town?
- Overheard in the Office | You Call Your Mom by Her First Name?
- Overheard in the Office | Relax — That’s Just Canadian for “Good Morning”
- Overheard in New York | The Two Main Options for Young Gentlemen These Days
- Overheard in the Office | Except for Larry, Who Can Keep the Tutu
- Overheard in New York | Someone’s Been Listening to the President’s Speeches
- Overheard in the Office | It’s Quite Possible That Women Have Dirtier Minds Than Men
- Overheard in New York | Is a Goddamn Miniature Jack Too Much to Fucking Ask?
- Overheard Everywhere | Stop Poking at My Fishnets, Please
- Overheard Everywhere | Why His Family Has Stopped Drinking at Christmas
And continue with geeky things:
- Re: Sending Fax through CUPS
- Zimbra offers Open Source email server software and shared calendar for Linux and the Mac
- Direct2Dell – Dell’s Blog
- The Programmer Dress Code
- 9 BitTorrent how-toâ€™s | TorrentFreak
- Stop Downloading Fakes and Junk From BitTorrent | TorrentFreak
- SourceForge.net: hylafax-users
- Linux: Rip DVDs in Linux the (Semi-)Easy Way
- Gentoo-Portage – News
- Journal of toby (759)
- SNPP Information for Paging Carriers
- Bruce Schneier Blazes Through Your Questions – Freakonomics – Opinion – New York Times Blog
- 2010 Ford Mustang: 2010 Ford Mustang
- 50 Things You’re Not Supposed To Know
- YouTube – TERMINUS
- TheMishMash.com: 9 Telltale Signs You’re Probably an Asshole
- 10 Most Unusual ‘Top 10’ Lists | NicheGeek.com
- The Best of RHF
- How to make exercise more fun than sex | Jonathan Fields | Awake At The Wheel
- What the police can learn when they run a background check on your name. – By Brad Flora – Slate Magazine
- Anecdotes [rec.humor.funny]
- Witzelsucht [rec.humor.funny]
- Pranks: Google Maps Catches Sophisticated High School Football Field Prank
- What various awards on The Daily Dish mean
- Good Question (leads to Islamâ€™s Silent Moderates – New York Times)
- Why am I not listed here?
- I like Orangina, or at least I did until I saw this ad.
- Travis County Sherrifs like to mindlessly mess with Austin’s traffic.
- 15 cool word illusions
- HOWTO create a logserver with syslog-ng – Gentoo Linux Wiki
- AKSN1P3R: Firefox Asterisk Revealer
- Openfiler â€” Friendly enterprise storage management platform
- Five Desktop Blog Editors for GNU/Linux Users
- 5min – How to make a wi-fi booster – Video
- Damon likes his Guitar lessons
- WikiCharts â€” Top 100
- CIA agent alleged to have met Bin Laden in July | Special reports | Guardian Unlimited
- Â» 5 yo boy dressed as Spiderman saves baby from blaze
- Surfer dude stuns physicists with theory of everything – Telegraph
- [0711.0770] An Exceptionally Simple Theory of Everything
- ETA/Cuisenaire: Hand Pointer
- Www.pogomall.com :: Product Details – bug vacuum
- Religious scholars mull Flying Spaghetti Monster – CNN.com
- TheMishMash.com: [Please Don’t] Send in the Clowns: 11 Clowns You Hope Never Work Your Child’s Birthday Party
- Pigeon Point Lighthouse on Flickr – Photo Sharing!
- The Hardware Aisle: Turkey tools moisten meat, resemble weapons
- What TOP GUN is really about by Quentin Tarantino – Video – transcript
- Post to WordPress Blogs from Nokia Lifeblog
- WordPress Theme Hacks
- 40 Tips for optimizing your php Code
- GOOD Magazine | Goodmagazine – Mark Peters on the Colbert Suffix
- 10 Ways To Improve Your Financial Situation In Just 15 Minutes | zen habits | simple productivity
- Military inadvertently recruits gays – USATODAY.com
- No Shirts at Improv Everywhere
- Hot Homework Tips for Parents
- UnSecureFlight.com :: Read Your Own DHS Travel Dossier
- Roller coasters: 56 American scream machines : Kathika.com
- Voip Phreak – Â» Asterisk 1.4.5 SpanDSP Integration Howto
- 25 Skills Every Man Should Know – Essential DIY – Popular Mechanics
- men who look like old lesbians
- YouTube – Commercial – Homocil
- USB Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon install | Pen Drive Linux
- The 7 Habits of Highly Successful Fathers at Ririan Project
- What to Save From a Fire – TIME
- Drinking stories that put yours to shame – CNN.com
- Google Maps – San Diego Fires 2007
- Six of seven killed in house fire were from University of S. Carolina – CNN.com
- Mikeâ€™s Blog Â» Best security sign ever!
- YouTube – Cheerleader Gets Run Over By Football Team
- The End of Gay Culture
- Happy Linux Thoughts: Cracking Windows passwords with Linux
- Polycom reboot hardphone script – voip-info.org
- Lifehacker Top 10: Top 10 Free Video Rippers, Encoders, and Converters
- WallStreetFighter: How to Get Laid in 1977 and Your Ass Kicked in 2007
- Phelps Phucked | Slog | The Stranger | Seattle’s Only Newspaper
- Overheard in New York | Isn’t “Creepy Clown” Redundant?
- HOWTO Install HylaFax with iaxmodem on a running CentOS 4.3 + Asterisk 18.104.22.168 system with FreePBX 2.1 | FreePBX
- Why They Called It the Manhattan Project – New York Times
- Overheard Everywhere | The Cardinal of Contempt? The Deacon of Disdain?
- WordPress Super Cache 0.1 at Holy Shmoly!
- Identity Theft: How To Freeze Your Credit Report
- How to Win at Monopoly Â® – a Surefire Strategy
- Overheard in the Office | Do You Need an Epipen?
- Overheard in the Office | Measuring Out My Life with Coffee Spoons
- Overheard in the Office | But the Horrified Looks on My Kids’ Faces Always Set Me Straight
- Overheard in the Office | Then He’d Play with Them in His Crib
- Overheard in the Office | They’re Considering Sacking Us
- Overheard in the Office | We’ll Be Married 10 Years This April
- Overheard Everywhere | … Bob
And a special collection of pumpkin seed roasting recipes
- The Right Brain vs Left Brain test | PerthNow
- Six Types of Words That You Should Axe in Business Writing
- Floatutorial: Step by step CSS float tutorial
- Self Improvement Tips Â» 10 Amazingly Simple Tricks To Turn Your Brain Into A Powerful Thinking Machine
- Shoot The Stupid
- Texas Department of Public Safety – Courtesy, Service, Protection
- Top 40 Demotivational Posters
- Twenty-five Signs You Have Grown Up : DivineCaroline
- Things Other People Accomplished When They Were Your Age
- Hitch gets a makeover
- The lure of the straight razor
- Silver Tape – IMAGER.CC
- Scientific American: Searching for God in the Brain
- Manly Drinks – The Manliest Drinks in the World â€” Campus Squeeze
- Dynamic Periodic Table
- Lifehacker Top 10: Top 10 Ways to Sleep Smarter and Better – Lifehacker
- Booting Linux from Flash – Oopsilon
- AlterNet: Young People Rejecting Christianity, Have Perception of Religion as Homophobic
- 8 Simple Ways to Enjoy Life Every Day | PickTheBrain
- Howstuffworks “How Car Financing Works”
- DRUDGE REPORT FLASH 2007Â®
- Filthiest bill ever
- CrunchBang ~ 465 Free Fonts for Ubuntu
- Flash-Based Galleries For Your Images | Graphics
- Neuromarketing Â» Tightwads, Spendthrifts, and Everyone Else
- TechBlog – How to: Upgrade any version of Ubuntu Desktop
- A Mock Columnist, Amok – New York Times
- Ten Plane Crashes That Changed Aviation
- (Unlucky) 13 Dumbest Drivers in the World
- 7 Stupid Thinking Errors You Probably Make – lifehack.org
- 5 Steps to Stop Living Paycheck to Paycheck
- Lifehacker Top 10: Top 10 Wikipedia Tricks – Lifehacker
- The Book of Ratings | Magic Tricks
- Huh? Wha? 5 more minutes Mom! damon’s Friends
- CircularReasoning.gif (GIF Image, 478×449 pixels)
- Gators soccer schedule
- Digestion Time Of Foods
- About Puppet – puppet – Trac
- The Simple Dollar Â» 30 Essential Pieces Of Free (and Open) Software for Windows
- SUPERGUIDE: The Open Source Challenge. How to replace Windows completely with Ubuntu. | APC Magazine
- Discover the foods that make children smarter – Health – TODAYshow.com
- his kid vs. your kid
- 6 Volt Battery Hack! You’ll Be Amazed! Video
- The Archive of Misheard Lyrics
- PPTP and shorewall
- 10 Tips For the Greatest Grilled Cheese – Editor’s Picks on Yahoo! Food
- 5min – How to make fire without matches or a lighter – Video
- Do You Recognize These 10 Mental Blocks to Creative Thinking? | Copyblogger
- Debit or credit? Here’s the answer – The Red Tape Chronicles – MSNBC.com
- News 8 Austin | In case you run into a bat …
Time to core-dump!
- How Big is the Solar System?
- Shoreline Firewall
- Product Advisory: Nokia BL-5C battery (remind Cy, Di and Sue to check theirs)
- PubCon Publishers Search and Marketing Conferences 2007
- Best Life Magazine: Health & Fitness: Eat these eight foods every day to cover all your nutritional bases
- What makes a great movie?
- Lifehacker Top 10: Top 10 PDF Tricks – Lifehacker
- Psychology Today: Want Yet Another Reason to Have Sex?
- Survey zeroes in on gay, lesbian consumers – Yahoo! News
- National Hurricane Center
- Yet Another Web Development Blog Â» 10 things you (probably) didnâ€™t know about PHP.
- geek heirarchy chart
- A parent we all should try to emulate
- I/O Reader – 15 Cool Things About PHP That Most People Overlook
- Essay: “I’m the proud owner of Karl Roveâ€™s fatherâ€™s solid gold [redacted].” – Boing Boing
- Don’t pay for eBay selling tools! (Free eBay Seller Software) | The Auction Software Review
- Perl functions A-Z – perldoc.perl.org
- Handy tip.
- the things we think but do not say :: Sara and I just got engaged! :: August :: 2007
- AUTOPEDIAâ„¢: NHTSA Recall and TSB List
- Software Development in the Real World: Ultimate Web Development Cheat Sheet Guide
- Set up a Web server cluster in 5 easy steps
- ThemBid.com Â» Blog Archive Â» Do You Still Scan Photos With A Flatbed Scanner?
- thisisby.us – The dirty details of LASIK surgery, by bathory313
- End of the World. Flash Animation
- Nothing Nice to Say – the world’s FIRST online punk comic
- ThinkGeek :: Cellphone Signal Extender
- ThinkGeek :: Prodikeys MIDI Keyboard
- How to launder money | Wise Bread
- Serious business of dealing with bullies – CNN.com
- The Psychology of Fatherhood – TIME
- 14th Colony Scout Â» Blog Archive Â» AdSense Tips from an Expert
- BobHarris.com – Tony Soprano didnâ€™t just get whacked; he practically got a funeral
- 73 Great Debt Elimination Tips | zen habits
- Success recipes most people know, but too few follow – lifehack.org
- No way this could apply to me!
- Urban Legends Reference Pages: Still the Queen
- 10 tips to being a better IT manager: Insight – Business – ZDNet Australia
- 12 IT skills that employers can’t say no to – Network World
- 10 Articles That Changed My Life Â· LifeReboot.com
- Weblog Tools Collection Â» Blog Archive Â» WordPress Keyboard Shortcuts
- Science Videos Search Engine – How it’s made
- Video for Merlinâ€™s â€œInbox Zeroâ€ talk | 43 Folders
- 7 Clever Google Tricks Worth Knowing | Marc and Angel
- Behance :: Articles :: 100 Tips to Improve Your Life
- In Focus: How to use “Furoshiki” [MOE]
- Secret to Overcoming Shyness Revealed … Tentatively | LiveScience
- 15 Amazing little known body tricks
Despite the fact that the study excluded same-sex parents, I feel good about how we’re raising G!
Interestingly, between the opening act and the headliner were two acts — where there usually is just one.
What made it a once-in-a-lifetime thing? Every act was strong. Honestly, there was no weak material. I’ve never had that happen before in my life.
Oh, and it’s too late. They’ve moved on.
Oh, and we got in under the wire.Â No, they didn’t sell out, no SRO here.Â I’m pointing out that in a few weeks I could have had to sit throughÂ Craig Shoemaker again.
I am aging, but still under 40.Â That’s when I fully expect to go from “nearsighted” to “unable to read a menu in the same time zone”.
I’ve gone from -1.25/-1.5 to -1.5/-1.75, though for contacts, she prescribed both to be -1.5 — in anticipation of my turning 40.Â No signs of gloucoma, no astigmatism.Â They took baseline photos of my retina.
Everything was fine until she manually checked my peripheral vision with my pupils dilated.Â Then, we stopped being friends.Â For a few moments.Â I’ve got a followup visit on the 6th to see how the contacts she gave me are working out.
These images from the FAA are both beautiful and interesting.
We stayed in a hotel in downtown Chicago. This place, which I will not name, was not only non-smoking, but smoker-hostile and smug about it.
So, late in the cold, windy weather, I bundle up and go out front to smoke before I go to bed. Two gentlemen are there already, one smoking, one standing behind the valet podium. The man behind the podium had something that caused him to spasm regularly — perhaps ALS, perhaps MS, I thought it unkind to ask. Soon, this person asked the one already smoking for a light. It took them several tries, including one discarded cigarette, but they got the job done.
Then the other smoker finished up and went in.
Then, a car pulled up.
The driver and his wife got out. She went inside, while he gathered up things to take in, all the while watching the two of us smoke. I was standing off to the side, while our spasming friend was back behind the valet podium.
The driver then came up to me, and whispered:
Are you the valet?
The only thing I could do was to shake my head no, and smile an almost-evil smile.
Grace and I have been busy.
- She made snow angels.
- We had a snowball fight.
- She went sledding.
It is now 14 below. We’re staying warm, watching the game, and eating chili.